|Company||Union Power Cooperative
Union Power Cooperative is an electric distribution cooperative headquartered in Monroe, NC. We serve more than 73,000 member accounts in Union, Stanly, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg and Rowan counties and have more than 125 employees. The Cooperative is a not-for-profit organization incorporated in 1939. We have more than 6,000 miles of energized distribution and transmission lines, 24 substations and 3 breaker stations and purchase wholesale power from the North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation (NCEMC).
Provide communications insight and support by developing/creating ongoing communications programs on behalf of Union Power Cooperative including publications, events, internal/external communications, media relations activities, and some administrative tasks while continuously remaining focused on the Cooperative’s Mission and Vision Statements, and the promotion of the Cooperative’s values.
Fully and actively participates in the Safety Excellence Process and actively promotes the required adherence to all established safety rules, regulations, and practices. Is proactive and vigilant in the pursuit of safe working conditions in all situations. Is intolerant of unsafe acts and conditions by all levels of co-workers, contractors, members, and the public.
Essential Duties of the Position:
- Develop and create articles, news releases, monthly newsletter, retiree/board of director newsletter and other publications.
- Responsible for graphic creation and design.
- Create content and update the website, intranet, social media and all digital communications.
- Coordinate public relations and educational programs.
- Responsible for special event planning, including the annual membership meeting.
- Manages the creative development and implementation of all advertising programs.
- Provide direction and assistance to Communications Assistant as needed.
- Supports management with community and public relations initiatives and presentations.
- Provides communication and support for all marketing and energy services efforts.
- Assist management and co-workers with employee communications and employee meetings.
- Assist management as assigned with crisis communications efforts and assist as backup spokesperson.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervision.
- VP-Communications & Marketing: To confer with and seek advice on all communications projects.
- Works directly with all members of Communication & Marketing Department and will assist other staff members as directed.
- Management and Supervisory Staff: To assist other departments with communications and marketing initiatives related to cooperative programs and projects.
- Other employees: To obtain and share information as needed, to encourage active involvement in programs and events for the enhancement of the Cooperative’s image in the community and encourage employee morale.
- Shall maintain external relationships necessary to achieve the purpose of the position. Positive member interaction and support is critical to this position.
- Members/Customers: To gain acceptance and understanding of the mission and goals of Union Power Cooperative and its affiliates and communicate those effectively.
- Media and General Public: To favorably represent Union Power Cooperative as backup spokesperson to promote the goals and objectives of the Cooperative.
- Business and Government: To assist in communicating critical issues which pertain to and affect the Cooperative and its membership.
- Community, Civic and Charitable Organizations: To participate in community and/or civic organizations to promote the visibility of the Cooperative’s corporate image.
- Public Schools: assist in the promotion of public relations and educational programs sponsored by the Cooperative and to educate youth about Cooperative business.
- Professional Contacts: To seek and maintain professional contacts in related areas of business to stay abreast of current trends and advancements in all areas of communications.
- Statewide organization: To provide support for programs and services, to interact with other professionals in the communications field.
- Associate’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, mass communication or related field required, bachelor’s degree preferred. (Experience may be substituted for educational requirements.)
- Five years of work experience required of which one to two years’ experience in communications field, preferred. Experience with energy utilities and/or trade associations, a plus.
- High proficiency in both written and oral communications.
- Must have graphic experience with Adobe Suite, including Photoshop and InDesign.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and WordPress.
- Proficient use of video format and delivery systems.
- Experience with digital camera operation including understanding lighting and how to use Premiere CC Suite or similar software required.
- Experience with special event planning, a plus.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Must be willing to work occasional overtime and travel. Must be willing to work during crisis conditions such as storms and any other major power outage situations.
- Must be able to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to handle papers and the keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb, or balance, and to stoop, kneel, or crouch and periodically lift of to 25 pounds. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
General office environment; may require flexibility to work irregular hours and occasional out of town travel to schools, seminars or conferences. Periodic exposure to the outside, including rural locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
|Compensation & Benefits||