|Title||Corporate Communications Manager (Risk)
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Welcome to SunTrust. We are an organization driven by purpose and a personal touch. We are passionate about Lighting the Way to Financial Well-Being by helping clients, teammates and communities achieve financial confidence.
As one of the nation's largest and strongest financial services companies, we offer a full suite of products and services designed to meet the needs of our consumer, business, corporate and institutional clients.
We know that financial stress is prevalent in America, across all income levels. That’s why we launched the on Up Movement — to inspire everyone to take a step and move from financial stress to confidence.
You can’t fully enjoy life if you are worried about money. Ready to get started? Join the Movement—we’re here to help.
- Develop and execute external and internal communications plans and programs for Risk Function.
- Provide internal and external communications support for Risk leadership team including development of Chief Risk Officer message platform.
- Oversee all-Risk teammate communication including positioning, Town Hall presentations, executive audio messages, etc.
- Maintain Risk intranet site.
- Partner with agency and corporate communications to pitch stories and respond to media calls.
- Create and submit content the Company’s intranet; provide local examples for inclusion in intranet features on corporate initiatives.
- Prepare remarks, presentations, articles or other communications materials as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Journalism.
- 5+ years of media relations and internal communications experience.
- Experience with integrated communication of financial products and services, particularly a bank.
- Experience/understanding of government relations including PACs, lobbying and familiarity with legislative process.
- Proven PR capabilities and ability to increase visibility of the brand and leadership.
- Self-starter. Ability to sense and respond to communications opportunities. Must exhibit collaboration and judgment in obtaining review/approval for communications plans, releases, and projects. Ability to articulate rationale for business leaders on proposed communications approach and content.
- Excellent writing skills are essential. Writing samples are required and should demonstrate versatility and the ability to create content for a variety audiences (e.g. media, employees, speech audiences, etc.).
- Team player, capable of working in a highly collaborative environment
- Practical knowledge of SharePoint and Microsoft Office suite.
|Compensation & Benefits||