|Company||Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
The Operational Excellence Communications Manager will support all aspects of internal communications related to the newly-established Operational Excellence team within Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH). The scope of communications will include project-focused, organizational, process improvement, technical, departmental, and executive. In this role, the Operational Excellence Communications Manager will be required to synthesize information shared during project team meetings, executive sessions, and other forums in order to create communications that will connect and resonant with a variety of audiences within HMH. This will require a structured, multi-layered approach given the information needs to be customized as it is shared with all levels of the HMH organization. The Operational Excellence Communications Manager will also interface with groups across HMH to understand other initiatives under way and ensure alignment and appropriateness for communications as it relates to Operational Excellence.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES % Time:
1. Strategy: 20%
- In partnership with the GSC Communications leadership, expand the scope of GSC Communications to include the Operational Excellence department.
- Design an approach for Organizational Excellence communications that are engaging, creative, and customized in an effort to support a strong change management focus and approach.
- Build strategic and collaborative relationships with stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
2. Execution: 70%
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of all communications.
- Develop and manage templates and messaging tool solutions with the goal to ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Develop and maintain accurate communications process flows and project-related documentation/artifacts
- Provide status updates on action items and deliverables to Operational Excellence leadership.
3. Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and utilize project management competencies to ensure communications are delivered on time
- Ability to influence others through use of clear, concise, and effective communications, both written and oral
- Strong competencies in project management, business analysis, change management, and process improvement
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent
- Excellent Computer skills especially Excel, Word, Visio, and Powerpoint
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and ability to troubleshoot issues and follow up on a continual basis
- 5-8 years in the publishing, marketing, or communications industry is preferred
- 3-5 years experience in a project-based role or business process role
|Compensation & Benefits||