|Company||Morehouse School of Medicine
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), located in Atlanta, Ga., was founded in 1975 as the Medical Education Program at Morehouse College. In 1981, MSM became an independently chartered institution. MSM is among the nation’s leading educators of primary care physicians and was recently recognized as the top institution among U.S. medical schools for our social mission. Our faculty and alumni are noted in their fields for excellence in teaching, research and public policy.
MSM is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Council on Education for Public Health, Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Marketing Manager provides general marketing support to all MarComm efforts. The Marketing Manager is responsible for creative development and execution of publications, internal communications, and academic ceremony materials. The position will also work closely with the Digital Communications Specialist to insure consistent branding across all media.
- Serve as the assistant editor of all MSM publications (electronic, hard copy, video, etc.).
- Responsible for layout, story content, writing, editing, publishing, getting appropriate reviews & approvals and all aspects of the publications under the direction of the Director of Marketing.
- Assist in responsibility of managing graphics work as it relates to internal campaigns and publications.
- Work with the Office of Student Affairs to help produce letters, run of show scripts, documents, and video requirements for academic ceremonies.
- Work closely with existing department/centers/institute marketing resources to insure consistent adherence to brand guidelines and to facilitate superior quality department collateral.
- Work closely with Office of Institutional Advancement to develop compelling donor-focused campaigns in support of the institution’s advancement efforts.
- Develop collateral to support events as needed.
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- 2-4 years related experience, to include developing, implementing and managing successful marketing communications programs, publications and web-site management.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in executing successful internal communications programs, producing publications (electronic, published, video) writing and design.
- Experience working in healthcare/hospital, non-profit, corporate, agency and/or higher-education environment.
- Must be self-motivated and work under deadlines.
- Ability to craft fully integrated marketing campaigns leveraging multiple communication channels.
- Proficiency in print production processes, timelines, and creative services required.
- Must be able to multi-task, remain flexible, and have a focus on customer service.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
|Compensation & Benefits||