|Title||Manager, Internal and External Communications
|Region||Metro Atlanta and North Georgia
ABB is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
The Communications Manager will lead all internal and external communication for the Product Group Enterprise Software. This position will report directly to the Business Unit Communications manager. The Communication manager will be responsible for the following:
- Positively position the Enterprise Software product group and its products in the market both internally and externally
- Develop and implement programs for internal and external communication strategies in line with the business strategy, corporate communications strategy and the corporate branding guidelines
- Establishing strategic Analyst Relations best practices to demonstrate the company’s ongoing momentum, and increase awareness within the analyst community
- Communication planning, monitoring, reporting
- Lead communications network across geographies and interface with BU communications
- Media inputs and coordination such as press releases, approvals, trade media stories etc.
- Coordination of social media initiatives - interface with BU as necessary
- Editorial input for all communication tools including newsletters
- Co-ordination of external web site (PG pages, structure, content, layout, tech etc.)
- Responsible for internal communications including messages, organization announcements, newsletters as well as co-ordination of internal web site (PG pages, structure, content, layout
- Prepare and co-ordinate various supporting materials for PR and communication activities e.g. videos, infographics, datasheets, creative services and events participation, as well as product launch facilitation
- Responsible for product group / product level advertising, multimedia, photo shoots, image bank, presentations, graphics in coordination with PG marketing & sales and BU Communications Manager
- Ensure branding and visual identity in coordination with BU Communications Manager
- Provide management and marketing support
- Communications interface with countries
- Alignment with the Global Communications Manager on all the product group and AMERICAS PGGA communication efforts.
- Provide appropriate regional guidance, recommendations and support where required related to communication efforts for BU PGGA in AMERICAS in coordination with the other Global Product Group Communications Managers
- Grow and expand the AR program with a strategic cadence into the analyst community
- Develop deep relationships with key industry analyst
- Bachelor's degree from a four year university and 10 years of experience in marketing for software or other related technology organizations OR Master’s degree and 8 years experience.
- Ideally, this position may be hired at a higher level if the candidate meets a bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience in marketing for software or other related technology organizations OR Master’s degree and 10 years of experience.
- Excellent communication skills, and must be able to easily interact with people in either oral (including formal presentation) or written form
- Significant management experience in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team and achieve results through collaboration and influence
- Must be creative, energetic and have the ability to work both independently and with others
- Business knowledge in industries such as utilities, mining, and oil & gas
|Compensation & Benefits||