|Title||Social Media Public Relations Specialist
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories. Discovery satisfies curiosity, entertains and inspires viewers with high-quality content through global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
Ensure the positive promotion and publicity of USH content, personalities and brands through traditional, social and emerging media outlets.
- To seek out and encourage digital influencers, media, and press to share content and news related to our key promotables and campaigns in order to get as much digital media coverage as possible
- Execute digital PR communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics seeking high-level placements in both online and print media.
- Develop and customize press materials in both English and Spanish including press releases, customized write-ups, talking points, speeches, Q&As, newsletter, etc. to reach Hispanic consumers with the promotion of key shows/initiatives.
- Leverage existing media relationships and make new contacts in the USH industry media
- Manage press, digital media and influencers inquiries and interview requests, and keep media lists up to date
- Compile and manage editorial calendars of key publications.
- Support the organization and execution of communications activities including press events, interviews and media tours to promote programming, initiatives, campaigns and branding messages.
- Responsible for developing and distributing up to date show descriptions and images.
- Create reports and communicate Digital PR results on a monthly basis.
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, new tools and platform and the USH audiences.
- Participate in weekly and monthly Global/team calls.
- Must read, write and speak Spanish and English
- Proven working experience in public relations and social media
- Strong relationships with traditional and digital USH media outlets
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills
- Experience in Social Media, Public Relations, Communications and Marketing preferred
- Must have legal right to work in the United States
|Compensation & Benefits||