|Region||Central and Northeast Florida
The Centers provides children and adults from every walk of life with inpatient, residential, and outpatient Mental Health and Substance Abuse care. Licensed by the State of Florida and accredited by CARF International (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities), The Centers is a private, non-profit organization serving Citrus and Marion Counties since 1972.
With four locations in Citrus County and three in Marion County, The Centers is one of the Top Employers supporting more than 560 trained professionals, including Psychiatrists, Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Therapists, Nurses, Case Managers, and Substance Abuse Counselors. Housing a fifty-seven-bed acute care facility for Child and Adult Crisis Stabilization, a fifty-bed adult Residential Substance Abuse Treatment program, a fifteen-bed Adolescent Residential Substance Abuse Treatment program, a Drop-in Center and model Clubhouse for the mentally-ill, a Pre-arrest Diversion program, and an extensive range of outpatient services, The Centers serves nearly 17,000 people each year.
In partnership with Kids Central, Inc., The Centers provides Family Care Management services for children in foster and relative care, as well as Early Engagement and Crisis Intervention Services for families. Through its partnerships with local schools, law enforcement, and various service agencies, The Centers also offers vital Community Outreach, Prevention and intervention programs for thousands more. Every day, The Centers has a significant impact in the communities we serve. In fact, one out of every fifteen Marion and Citrus County residents receive a service from the Centers each year. We are a community safety net, working closely with numerous agencies to ensure that all in need receive Hope, Healing, and Recovery.
- Plans, leads and evaluates the organization's comprehensive communications plan;
- Works collaboratively with leadership in the development of internal and external communication strategies to ensure communications are consistent, standardized and effectively disseminated to key stakeholders;
- Builds and sustains the company's reputation and brand management;
- Serves as the organization's spokesperson.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or a related field and a minimum of 7 years professional experience in communications/public relations. Master's degree preferred.
- Must have experience pitching stories and media follow-up.
- Basic layout and design understanding, working with printers.
- Excellent presentation, written, editing and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and work occasionally on evenings or weekends.
- Keen awareness of the sensitive nature of the organization and the need for confidentiality.
- Knowledge of social media, website maintenance and search engine marketing.
- Have a valid Florida Driver's License, auto insurance, and accept travel assignments on the job as directed.
|Compensation & Benefits||
All full-time positions include options for medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), and additional options. The Centers, Inc. is an NHSC-approved site with a Tier 1-level HPSA score. Licensed healthcare professionals may be eligible to earn compensation towards student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP).