|Title||Senior Director, Content
ABB is a leading global technology company in power and automation that enables utility, industry, and transport & infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 135,000 people.
This position is essential to ABB. As one of the lead writers, this person is responsible for managing ABB’s brand reputation though proactive storytelling and CEO thought leadership positioning.
- Develop strategic content to advance ABB's brand identity that is in line with ABB’s strategy and messaging; communicate a cohesive, compelling story aligned with the ABB’s strategy; broaden awareness of its market leadership; and increase the visibility of its products and services across key stakeholder audiences.
- Lead a team of 2-3 people and agency staff to ensure flawless content creation; help with media relations as needed.
- Works with global team to create and manage announcements and campaigns through multi-channel content creation.
- Manage content budget (freelancers).
- Proven ability to lead and plan complex activities including but not limited to synthesizing market/product data from multiple businesses and developing compelling stories that support ABB’s key messages and strategy.
- Develop and implement content, aligned with corporate directives. This includes video and social media.
- Responsible for developing story lines that support the key ABB messages.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them.
- If needed, prepare and counsel ABB leadership and subject matter experts for media interviews and public engagement opportunities.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis. Edit others’ articles.
- Supervise and evaluate partner agency work.
- BS/BA degree in journalism, mass communication, public relations or related area, MS/MA preferred.
- Minimum of 15+ years writing experience in a newspaper, magazine, corporation or agency setting with a focus on storytelling.
- In-depth experience in creating compelling business stories.
- Wide knowledge of energy and business issues; work across a range of media including social media to effectively deliver the appropriate message.
- Ability to effectively interact and counsel senior management and internal/external constituencies with a high degree of professionalism.
- Superb organizational skills with ability to accurately and quickly assess large amounts of data and draw conclusions for action.
- Proven record of working with diverse teams across continents in a matrixed organization.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills to develop short- and long-range integrated strategies.
- Strong track record and demonstrable experience in media relations together with strong media contacts.
- Agency and corporate experience; proven record of managing agencies.
- Strong news, feature and new media writing skills with good writing samples (references will be required for authentication) and superb oral communication skills. Creative, speech writing and similar experience are pluses. Existing knowledge of AP Style.
- Comfortable coaching and interacting with executives from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong people management and teambuilding skills.
- Training and skills in risk communication, media training
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
|Compensation & Benefits||